Thursday, September 19, 2013

It's a GIRL

Audrey Mae Bloede was born on Thursday September 5, 2013 at 4:10 am.  Weighing in at 8 pounds, 12 ounces and 20 inches long.  

The quick version of the the delivery goes like this:  Once I admitted to Neil that I knew I was in labor he spent the next hour packing the car, trying to make me realize I had to go to the hospital to have this baby like it or not, trying to make me call the doctor, and trying to get me to call Marcy to come over so we could leave.  It always takes me awhile to wrap my mind around what is ahead of me...Thankfully Neil stays SO calm even though I am nothing short of irrational!  By the time we finally left for the hospital my contractions were very close together and Neil was running red lights in fear of having to deliver this baby on the way.  The rest of the story pretty much plays out that we got there in plenty of time, I once again turned down the epidural like a crazy person, and then I had a HUGE baby.  Somehow with all of this Neil handles me and the situation perfectly!

Not knowing the gender was really fun (if you can use the word fun while talking about delivering a baby).  I had decided I wanted Neil to tell me the gender instead of the doctor.  Neil saw her face first and said he knew she was a girl!  Of course as soon as they put her up on me so Neil could confirm what he thought I went ahead and told him....It's another GIRL:)  so much for sticking to our plan!  




Proud Daddy holding his newest little girl for the first time. 


The doctor that delivered Audrey.  (not our doctor) She was our favorite that has delivered one of our babies.  She was very calm...which is MUCH needed when you are having a BIG baby without an epidural! 


Mommy and Daddy getting their first real look at her once the room cleared out! 





Since both of our big girls required the NICU we never got to see the first bath, or all the "checking" of them.  With Audrey being full term we got to be part of all of it.  


As soon as she was born we called Nana and Pop Pop and they headed to the hospital right away. I didn't let Neil tell them if she was a boy or a girl when he called so I am guessing they were driving very fast! 




Grandma and Grandpa came up after breakfast to meet her too.  


Daddy takes full advantage of cuddling his new babies when all is quiet in the hospital. 


Since we have had all three girls in the middle of the night by the time it is all over everyone is VERY tired! 

No comments:

Post a Comment