Friday, August 14, 2015

New Earrings

Emmerson asked to get her ears pierced for her 6th birthday.  We said yes but hadn't made it until now.  Daddy was out of town for work and I asked what we should do.  Emmerson said, "let's get my ears pierced."  I couldn't think of a good reason not too...so we did! 


She was so excited.  She jumped right up in the chair.  


I was a little concerned since there was only 1 lady there meaning both ears couldn't be done at the same time.  I made it very clear if she did one she did two!  0 or 2 ears were getting pierced!  


She did it!  Hardly a fuss! 


Afterwards they gave her a sucker.  She said, " I am so happy I can't eat my sucker because I can't stop smiling!"  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughters are precious. Started reading and saw where your older daughter loved your earrings and getting her ears pierced for her 6th birthday. This story reminded of a funny experience when we had Sandi, our 5 year old ears pierced and I didn't have her 2 yr old baby sister ears pierced on the same day.

    After piercing our ODD's ears, we came home and showed daddy. He really loved them. What happened next surprised me. Dh asked why I hadn't had her 2 yr sister ears pierced! I didn't know what to say, but then our 5 yr. chimed in saying she wanted her sissy to have matching earrings. I

    I told her she could get them done when she turned her younger sister turned five too. To my surprise, she said, "oh mom...don't make her wait like me." I was shocked, out of the mouths of babes? Now my family was ganging up on me!

    Unsure, I was worried about doing our toddler, and called our pediatrician. To my surprise, she actually encouraged me saying it was best when mommy could care for them. I went the next day and had Missy's ears pierced and Sandi was so excited to have earring just like her sissy. She was so excited she was going to have earrings like her sissy and mommy. Of course, both girls looked adorable.

    However, if you've remotely thought of having your YDD's ears pierced (there is nothing cuter than seeing little girls with cute earrings), then maybe your mommy intuition is telling you to do it.

    Amy
    amyswor1765@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete