Wednesday, June 15, 2016

It's a GIRL

It was not as fast or an easy day as we had hoped! I was 3 cm at noon when they started the pitocin.  All the nurses were sure it would move quickly since we had a nice start and it was a 4th baby.  So I was hopeful we would have a baby by dinner.  That was not the case.  It took close to 9 hours of pitocin and hard contractions to get to 10 cm.  I chose not to have an epidural again this time so I was VERY happy when it was all over at 9:50 pm.  We didn't know the gender of the baby so when the doctor held her up for Neil to announce the gender I looked at him and he was just holding up 4 fingers with a big smile on his face and said, "we have four girls...four daughters!"  I will never forget that! 


My first peek at our newest girl! 


8 pounds 1 ounce
19 and 1/2 inches


Daddy's first squeeze.


Dr. Stuhldreher has been with us through a lot over the last 8 years.  She actually no longer does any OB only GYN but she took us on for this pregnancy anyway.  I couldn't be more thankful for that! She knows how my pregnancies go and knows how to keep a close watch on things but never seems to overreact.  She made it a point to make sure she was the one that delivered Caroline.  She got there at the very last minute and didn't even have time to put scrubs on. She is the BEST! 


Nothing better than checking them out for the first time and meeting who has been wiggling inside you. 


She showed the pediatrician that her lungs worked right away. 


We love that our last two babies didn't have to go to the NICU so we got these first hours with them.


Our chubby baby! 


Nana snuck up for a quick peek before bed.  


It was a long day for everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment