Monday, October 17, 2016

The BEST Biggest Sister

We have been so lucky each time we have brought a new baby home.  We have never seen jealously from any of the big sisters just pure love for the new baby.  It is so fun to watch everyone take on their new rolls.  Emmerson is always the caretaker, Claire the one that distracts the fussy ones, and Audrey is still in shock that this baby is all ours!    There were many times I was completely blown away by all of them this summer and their love for their new sister this summer.  Emmerson seemed to grow up so much.  She was so helpful with all her sisters.  Helping give snacks, take people to the potty, start breakfast, and even change diapers.  


But this moment will never be forgotten!  I got out of the shower and it was still quiet downstairs so I continued to get ready.  When I came down this is what I saw.  Emmerson holding a sleeping baby.  I was confused because Caroline had been asleep in the swing when I went upstairs.  Emmerson told me the whole story...and my heart melted!  She told me Caroline started crying!  She said, " I tried everything you would have done and it didn't work.  So I found a passie and picked her up.  I was bouncing her but once she went to sleep I got tired so I moved this chair out with my foot and just sat down.  I was too scared to move after that!"  Spoken just like a true big sister of 3! 


As summer was ending I would find Emmerson sneaking away with Caroline more and more.  She told me she was really worried she was going to miss her a lot!  I assured her everyone was going to be ok , though I was VERY concerned I was going to miss Emmerson and all her help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment